1. Show Markup allows selecting or hiding the markup of our choice in the document. A drop-sown list appears, where you can select the mark-ups of your choice like Comments, Inks, Insertions, Deletions, Formatting Changes, and Markup Area Highlight. Also, choosing the Reviewers option allows seeing comments made in the document by a list of different reviewers. By selecting the name of the reviewers you can hide or display comments.
2. Reviewing Pane displays revisions in a separate window. A drop-down list appears when we click on it. The revisions done in the document appear vertically if you click Review Pane Vertically from the list. Similarly, the revisions appear horizontally if you click Review Pane Horizontally.
3. In the Tracking group, Balloons are used to show revisions in the document. In the drop-down menu, there are options:
· Show Revisions in Balloons: To show revisions with detailed information, Balloons are used. It also makes the document easily readable by removing inline markups. The revisions appear in the right side of the margin.
· Show All Revisions Inline: The revisions done in the document appear Inline, which means the text is marked.
· Show Only Comments and Formatting in Balloons: It is used to go back to show all revisions and comments in the Balloons.
4. Track Changes:
· Turning on Track Changes: To turn on the Track Changes mode, click the Track Changes command. Henceforth, the changes made to the document will be marked up in colour. Also, a drop-down menu appears as you click on the Track Changes command:
Ø Change Tracking Options: A Dialog box will appear. Here, you can select Markup of your choice like Insertions, Deletions, Comments, and Changed Lines. Select Track Moves by selecting choices given under Moves. To highlight cells, select Table Cell Highlighting. To change the format, select Formatting. Similarly, you can select the width and measure of Balloons and Margins in the document.
Ø Change User Name: To personalize the document, select the username of your choice.
· Turning Off track Changes: When you have completed reviewing your document, click the Track Changes command to turn it off.
5. Display for Review: To choose how to show the proposed changes in the document, click on the Final Showing Markup. In the drop-down menu, there are four options:
· Final Showing Markup: It shows what changes have been proposed in the final document.
· Final: It shows the proposed changes included in the document.
· Original Showing Markup: It shows the proposed changes in the original document.
· Original: It shows the document without any changes made to it.
6. Accept Changes: To select a change from the proposed changes in the document, click the Accept and move to the next change. To accept all changes at once, select Accept All Changes in Document from the drop-down list.
7. Reject Changes: To reject a change from the proposed changes in the document, click the Reject and move to the next change. To reject all changes at once, select Reject All Changes in Document from the drop-down list.
8. Comments: To add a comment as a feedback instead of editing the document, click on the New Comment. To add comment to the document, highlight a small part of the text and then select New Comment. To delete a comment, select the comment and click Delete.
Procedure for Track Changes in Microsoft Word:
Turning on Track Changes
1. Click the Start button, point to My Recent Documents, and then click the document you want.
2. On the Review menu, click Track Changes.
Figure 2: Track Changes button
3. Under Track Changes, select Change Tracking Options, and Change User Name.
Click Change Tracking Options to change Markup, Moves, Colour, Table cell highlighting, formatting, Balloons, and Margin in the document.
Figure 3: Change Tracking Options
Click Change User Name to personalise the MS Word document. Do one of the following:
· To change Username, Initials, Colour scheme, Screentip style, click the Popular button.
· To change Page display options, Formatting marks, Printing options, click the Display button.
· To change autocorrect, spelling grammar, click the Proofing button.
· To customize how to save the document, click the Save button.
· To do additional changes, click the Advance button.
· To change the Quick Access Toolbar and keyboard shortcuts, click the Customize button.
· To view and manage MS word add-ins, click the Add-Ins button.
· To keep the document and computer safe, click the Trust Center.
· To maintain health and reliability of MS Office programmes, click the Resources.
Figure 4: Change User Name
4. On the Review menu, under Tracking, click Show Markup. Under Show Markup, select Comments, Ink, Insertions and Deletions, Formatting, and Markup Area Highlight. To add reviewers, click the Reviewers.
Figure 5: Show Markup
5. On the Review menu, under Tracking, click the Reviewing Pane. To change the display of revisions in a separate window, select the Reviewing Pane Vertical and Reviewing Pane Horizontal.
Figure 6: Reviewing Pane
6. On Review menu, under Tracking, select the Balloons. To show revisions to the document, click the Balloons, and then select Show Revisions in Balloons, Show All Revisions Inline, and Show Only Comments and Formatting in Balloons.
Figure 7: Balloons
7. On the Review menu, under Tracking, select Final Showing Markup to view the proposed changes to the document.
Figure 8: Final Showing Markup
8. To add comments to your documents, click Review tab, and then click New Comments. Under Comments menu, select Previous and Next to navigate through the comments in the document. To delete a comment, click the Delete button.