• We reserve the right to amend, revise or alter these Terms and Conditions
at our discretion and without prior notice to owners.
• By signing this contract the owner acknowledges acceptance of these
• The owner agrees to provide their full, and correct contact details, as well
as an alternative emergency contact name and number.
• The owner agrees to provide full, and correct details of their pet/s to
Khatala Pet Lodge.
• A deposit of 50% is required to confirm the booking, payable within 48
hours. Due to the number of enquiries and very limited space, bookings
can no longer be held if the deposit is not paid within 48 hours.
• The remainder of the boarding fees are payable on admission.
• The owner agrees to pay any and all extra costs at the time of pick-up of
• The owner acknowledges that there are no refunds for early collection or
late drop-off of their pet/s from Khatala Pet Lodge.
• The owner acknowledges that boarding rates are calculated on a calendar
day basis, irrespective of time of drop-off or pick-up.
• Fees are subject to change without notice.
• A cancellation notice of 30 days is required to qualify for a refund of the
Health and Care:
• The owner agrees to inform Khatala Pet Lodge of any latent or current
health problems or issues their pet/s may have that may require
veterinary attention, or health issues that require special attention.
• All pet/s are fully vaccinated (C5 vaccination) and up to date with their
vaccination, heartworm, flea and intestinal worming program
covering the full boarding time at Khatala Pet Lodge. All C5 vaccinations
to be completed at least 14 days before arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge.
• The owner acknowledges that their pet/s have been flea treated and
dewormed no more than 3 days before drop off, unless flea treatment is
done on a monthly basis. If fleas are found on their pet/s, they will be
treated with Advantage Flea Treatment. All costs incurred for this
treatment as well as any further actions required to prevent spreading of
fleas at Khatala pet Lodge will be added to the owners account.
• The owner acknowledges that a Capstar tablet will be administered to
their pet/s on admission, as an extra precaution to ensure Khatala Pet
Lodge stays flea free. This is a once only treatment, incurring a cost of
$4.00 per pet payable on admission.
• The owner provides authority to Khatala Pet Lodge to seek Veterinary
care for their pet/s in the event of an illness, injury or accident and to
release information regarding their pet/s to the Veterinarian in order to
provide the required treatment. Khatala Pet Lodge will endeavor to
contact the owners first, but in the event that the owner cannot be
contacted, the Veterinarian’s decision is final.
• The owner authorises Khatala Pet Lodge to transport their pet/s for
veterinary care to Greenfields Veterinary Hospital, Mandurah if required.
• The owner agrees to pay any and all costs incurred for Veterinary
treatment when collecting their pet/s.
• No female dogs found to be in season can be accommodated at Khatala
Pet Lodge, and the owner agrees to have their dog collected immediately.
No unsterilised female dog can be admitted a month before, during or a
month after a heat cycle.
• Canine Cough: All dogs must be up to date with their C5 vaccinations at
least 14 days before arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge.
• The owner acknowledges that their dog/s will not be admitted to Khatala
Pet Lodge if found coughing on arrival, unless a letter from a Veterinarian
is shown with reasons for coughing.
• The owner acknowledges that, should their dog/s start coughing after
arrival at Khatala Pet Lodge, and having been diagnosed with Canine
Cough, they will have to be collected immediately.
• Canine cough is an airborne disease and easily transferred where dogs
meet, such as the beach, park, vet rooms etc., owners are requested to
please be mindful where they take their dogs for at least 14 days before
arrival to Khatala Pet Lodge. The incubation period for Canine Cough can
be up to 14 days.
• Due to the many strains of the Canine Cough virus, fully vaccinated dogs
may still contract the illness.
• The owner acknowledges that no refund will be provided for any dog that
needs to be collected due to Canine Cough.
• The owner agrees to take full financial liability, and shall indemnify
Khatala Pet Lodge, its employees and representatives, from any claims or
actions, of any kind, and nature whatsoever, arising from injury, sickness,
Canine cough, accident, death, loss or damage of any kind whatsoever, of
their pet/s whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge where the utmost care
and diligence has been taken by Khatala Pet Lodge.
• The owner indemnifies Khatala Pet Lodge, and takes full financial liability
where their pet/s have caused injury to other pets or persons whilst in
the care of Khatala Pet Lodge, where the utmost care and diligence has
been taken by Khatala Pet Lodge.
• The owner accepts financial liability for any damage caused by their pet/s
to Khatala Pet Lodge property.
• Although no dogs that are fence jumpers can be accommodated at Khatala
Pet Lodge, the owner takes full responsibility for pets that do jump the
fence, being fully aware that perimeter fences at Khatala Pet Lodge are
1.8m high, and inner fences 1.5m high.
• All pets MUST be dog friendly.
• The owner acknowledges full disclosure of their pet’s temperament and
socialisation history in the Pet Profile Document and provide permission
for their pet/s to socialise with other dogs of the same size and
temperament whilst staying at Khatala Pet Lodge.
• The owner acknowledges that only well socialised dogs will be permitted
to play with other dogs whilst in the care of Khatala Pet Lodge; and that
unsterilised male dogs may not always be permitted to socialise with
Consent to use Photographs:
• The owner provides consent for Khatala Pet Lodge to use photographs
and/or videos and names of their pet/s on our website, and all social
By signing these terms and conditions the owner certifies the accuracy of
all information provided and acknowledges that the signing of this
contract shall create a lien over their pet/s in favour of Khatala Pet Lodge.
This lien will exist for so long as moneys are owing pursuant to this contract